|This was my example to show the girls|
There are many great tutorials out there to give you the heads up!So I found one I liked and decided this would be the craft session I would introduce to my school craft group.
It's a bit like a sewing circle we meet once a term, make and have a natter!
|clay colour and the colour blends you can make are infinite.|
|The pattern on my bracelet is called GEO, use a blade to slice of small slivers to get the effect.|
|Then I went nuts, this is very addictive!|
|Add some coloured cotton!|
|Remember finger knitting?|
And yes More!
My best advice is to:
- Make with a friend/s
- Pre-heat the clay blocks first using a wheat bag or hot water bottle, easier on the hands!
- Blend your colours, don't just use the original block colour, the colour variety is endless!
- To blend, flatten piece of differing colour clay like a pancake, roll all layers up like a cigar, then roll into a ball, then roll into a sausage and repeat ALOT till colours blend!
- Mix bright colours with earthy tones (tertiary colours) for greater visual effect!
- Use a bamboo skewer to create thread hole in bead and decorative effects.
- Wash hands between colours or wear plastic gloves.
- Use clear elastic to thread up your bracelets.
- follow baking instructions on clay packet strictly, burning clay smells rank!