Saturday, 28 April 2012

:: Collections #6

Scandinavian Glass Collection?

I believe I have found an iittala "Festivo" candlestick by Timo Sarpaneva, a "Bone" vase by Aseda Glasbruk and a "Ultima Thule" Cocktail glass by Tapio Wirkkala?

Would you believe I dreamt about iittala glassware last night? (boxes of it)
Would you believe that I paid $6.00 AUD for this thrift bounty, in one op shop?
Am I still dreaming?

I have done a bit of a search so I hope I am right? 
Feel free to enlighten me but either way, aren't they sweet? 
Happy thrifting too you!


On a side note!
The hangers @ Modern Times are selling like hotcakes! Some Owls are up on the walls and receiving pleasing comments! :)

Here is what I'm playing with at the moment!


What do you think? 
A little owl, with a sweet leather owl face.

:P

7 comments:

  1. I've got that vase but in red. It was the real Lucy Violet's so its got a bit of age about it, not sure on its maker - never bothered to check. Hope you're right though.
    Fantastic that your hangers are selling so well Pippa. And. Why. Wouldn't. They?

    p.s. love the masked owl v.much x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always keep Festivo candleholders in the store, and I love anything by Wirkkala...but especially Ulitma Thule, which we also always have on hand. The Glasbruk is gorgeous too, and you got all that for a steal! I'm so glad your owls are finally getting the exposure they deserve and are selling well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies, it was a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drool! I love these. Are they for your own enjoyment? I don't think I could part with this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for popping by Maria, yes I think I will hold onto these but I fear I have started another collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little owl creation. What material did you use to knit that?

    Despite my age, I'm only new to knitting and need some advice. I have this material http://www.alacraft.com.au/yarns-and-knitting-cat5 will it do?

    Regards
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty, thanks for popping by! the owl is made from garden twine and I have used macrame to create it.
    Sorry, i'm not much of a knitter but I have found the ladies who work in most wool shops real knowledgable and helpful.
    If your interested in blogging? Read 'the shy lion' blog. Rayner is a knitter and works in a yarn shop in Melbourne, he could send you in the right direction.
    Hope this helps, Happy Knitting Betty!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome!
Thanks for popping by and joining in, the conversation! :)