Sunday 29 June 2014

Maternity Leave, Etsy shop and my musings!


Hello there, 

I just wanted to touch base and say a huge thanks for your lovely support of my creative ventures.. since starting this blog!

As I'm now finally on maternity leave #32pregnant and preparing for the arrival of our little loveheart. 

I have decided to close down the etsy shop :( ....cause I just don't see a return to tassel making in the foreseeable future?

 Having it on holiday mode was still leaving folk questioning when they would return and so by closing it, might allow for some moving on?
Etsy say I can return anytime, thanks Etsy!:)

I look at some old pics and see what the tassels were and at the time, I was very much enthused by them and I'm still proud of them too but if that's all I make from now on then I'd be disappointed in myself for not trying to venture forth into something else?
If you have any thoughts on this matter feel free to butt in ?

The pottery course I just did, was a bit of a fizzer and has left me with more questions then answers but that may just be the path I am on or is it the hormones talking, please feel free to butt in?

So for now it's nursery decorating for me!
I'll be back soon with that at some point :)

See you on instagram, if you really keen to see what I'm doing whilst my belly expands over the next couple of weeks!!
Bah!!
 Thanks for reading my post :)

Pippa.



12 comments:

  1. Part of the creative process is all about moving on and developing....you enjoyed what you did at the time, now you want to do something else that's all. Good luck, something wonderful and inspiring will come along, and that might just be very little, snugly and smell wonderful! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may be right! ....very little indeed ;) thanks for making me laugh this morning xx

      Delete
  2. I think you're in mommy mode right now, and your creative focus is on little loveheart. Later, after she's born, you'll instinctively know which creative path to follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I needed to hear that as I was getting frustrated with my indecision, might have to have a 'frozen' moment and let it go? Thanks for some sense talking Dana xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck with baby- dom again. Doesn't seem to me like now is the right time to torture yourself about big creative direction issues - just enjoy the ride. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ......yes it has been a bit torturous, thanks for the advice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I agree with all of the above. Nothing is set in stone and there is time down the track to explore whats next. It may not be a case of you finding it, but rather it finding you. Something that excites you and inspires you to create with certainty. Enjoy your maternity leave.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sage advice my friend! ...the force must be strong with you! xx
      Thanks feel better already

      Delete
  6. Something random and wonderful will pop into your head when you're feeding Lovey at 3 in the morning (sorry) and you'll be off again - making something clever and gorgeous and interesting. I'm sure of it Pipstar. Have fun with your boys and rest up (while you can! Ha-ha!) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy little loveheart when it arrives! I will be looking out for its arrival on instagram. When the time is right, you will feel inspired and know which direction to take regarding your shop and creative pursuits :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, such wonderful exciting times, Pippa!!! Enjoy and make the most of them, don't worry about which way to go, creatively. Personally, it's the most frustrating creative processes that have proved most fruitful. So sorry I haven't been around here much lately, I really hope time and inspiration will come back in the form of a post now and then. I really miss you guys! So happy to have you on Insta:-) I'm SOOO excited for you and your wonderful family, best of luck, sweetie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, relax! Take a backseat for a while and make some time for you and the baby. It's cool that you are upfront with where you're at, instead of merely discontinuing. I'll be looking forward to seeing your future endeavors and a really good glimpse of your lovely heir. Stay safe and healthy! All the best!

    Julius Horton @ Polkadot PR

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.