Tuesday 18 December 2012

:: Goings On

Hello!
As usual the arrival of the jolly bearded man has sent us into a frenzy of activity....me I did a mad dash stitching stint last night because I had to finish my softie contribution to the 'Softie for Mirabel'

I have cut it pretty fine, time wise but here he is, loads of character with a cheeky grin!
He's resting on my new thrifted plate, love Figjo!

I have to quickly make another one though, as the boy wasn't best pleased when he realised it was not for him :(

I found three shell hangers at our local market.....so lovely in my book!
Do you like shell hangers or do you roll your eyes and tut, like Mr Ouch did?



Our Xmas tree, wonky but lovely, I've been meaning to straighten it but it has a certain charm?


The pebbles and shells around the base were the boy's idea, stop people from bumping into it mummy!
 I love a four year olds thinking!


A new macramé idea!
Turning the hanger on it's head!
Tassel up rather than down!



The hanger will accommodate any size pot within reason, have a look at it with a small white plant pot below!

More vintage beads!

With the tassel up top, it could be called a 'Tassel Top' hanger or a "Ponytail hanger, what do you think?
Do you like it?
Glass or ceramic pot, which look do you like?



Nice to buy a white pot from a chain store and not see 'made in china'!

and these necklaces are in the shop if your struck on what to buy yourself for Xmas! :)

I wish you well in your Chrissie preparations, I'm on school countdown, 3 more days to go!

:Pippa



17 comments:

  1. The base of 'Ponytail' (when its got the glass bowl insitu) reminds me of those old glass floats. I think I like the glass more because it's easier to see the detail of the 'net' if you catch my drift...(sticking with a fishing theme here ha-ha!)
    I love your wonky tree and the shells around its base look lovely - first thing I noticed actually. I like M's thinking.
    Love the shell hangers too (sorry Mr Ouch - no tutting from me)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd be a shell hanger kind of girl!

      I do like the net detail too but is it too "Maha me hearties"? (very bad impression of an old sea dog)

      Once the plants in we might lose net detail altogether? because it's got to be all trailing hanging plant! x

      Delete
    2. NO, it's not!

      Oh yeah, I get what you mean about not seeing the net though, because there's no room at the top.

      (and it's "Rrrrrr me hearties!)
      (isn't it?)
      x

      Delete
    3. It is in WA but us Victorians say maha! It's in all the history text books, I know I'm an education professional. ;) xx

      Delete
    4. Me too!
      Staff meeting in the office about this one Miss.

      Delete
  2. p.s. Saw my owlie softie with all the other Mirabel softies on Pip's and felt so proud. All down to you, my crafting mentor x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice, will take a look xx
      It's something we could try to do every year?.. find some balance in this madness!

      Delete
  3. I prefer the glass. It sits beautifully in there. Love the new design. I love me some shell - shell fish, shell necklace (so 80's), shell hanger.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All yours, cause Santa says you have been a good girl!

      Delete
  4. Lovely little softy and beautiful beads! We usually have a wonky one too but this year our tree is very straight, not quite right! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased to hear that wonky trees are the go! Glad you like the beads and Mr Softie x

      Delete
  5. I love the Tassel Top with the glass. It looks so delicate and lovely. And I think you and Kylie are so wonderful for making the stuffed toys. What a kind and loving thing to do!

    Your tree is beautiful, and I think your son did a fantastic job of keeping people from bumping into it. It doesn't appear to have been bumped even once! :) Give him a high-five from me!

    The shell hanger is very cool, and the beads...what can I say except ahhhhhhhh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The high five has been shared and the tree is well protected! Glad you like the beads, they have been very popular sellers! I knew you'd be a shell hanger lover!

      Delete
  6. It's all so beautiful, Pippa, the softie, your tree, the seashells your son put around it and your lovely crafts! Enjoy your Christmas preparations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tove, I hope your prep too, is going well!

      Delete
  7. Love your softie contribution no doubt it will be much loved when it is received by a special little someone this Christmas!. I am a Figgjo fan as well, esp lotte, my sister has a nice little collection.
    Tree is gorgeous, love the pebbles/ shells and the string draping xx Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Tina! I lovin the Xmas crafting, keep them coming! I hope to do more softies next year, it's an important cause to support! And more Figgjo I say!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.