Friday 14 December 2012

:: The Mouseman Stool

 The Mouseman Furniture, designed by Robert Thompson all have the signature carved mouse, hence the Mouseman title!
This calf stool, given to my Father by his Mother on our impending move to the Australia in 1980.

So this stool is part of my childhood and became mine when I married. My Brother was not happy, that I had snaffled it under his more mature and married nose...but could you blame me?



 Made from English Oak and hand crafted....to quote them

"Robert Thompson’s craftsmen create oak furniture for the home designed to fit within both the traditional and contemporary styles of living that today’s modern world offers. We provide choices in the final look of your personal, hand crafted item to fit your living environment. Today’s investment will become tomorrow’s heirloom.
Keep an eye on that mouse tho’, he’s partial to cheese!"


Squeak squeak

Hello Lisa Larson

A few marks left by plant pots over the years, some mine :(

Remember the great find, I came across last week...the Olivetti Studio 44?
 I found this great Ad, had to share!

Happy Weekend to you all,
:Pippa

15 comments:

  1. Pippa I love your stool and the whimsy in Thompson's work - what a fab family heirloom!. Have seen a few counter fits that circle about on Bargain Hunt (love Tim Wonnacot!!) and my goodness you can see the brilliance and precision in your piece - btw have only ever seen bookends and ashtrays, can imagine this is a rare piece - simply gorgeous!. :-) Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina, it is very sweet and a special family heirloom too :) ...love a bit of Bargain Hunt too

      Delete
  2. I bet little Mackie loves this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does, you have to start them young! X

      Delete
  3. great to have a beautiful piece passed down the generations!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, whatever the item, means more then :)

      Delete
  4. WOW! That stool is just magnificent and to have such a beautiful provenance for it as well is just magic :) Love the ad too. Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ad is a ripper, so would of been sold on that typewriter then too!

      Delete
  5. I love mouseman furniture and visited the workshop with school when i was little. We have a little ashtray. Apprently you identify the maker of any given mouseman piece by the style of mouse (modern ones) if i remember correctly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool stool. I have never seen anything like it. You did luck out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic stool! I've never seen one either. It's worth a little family squabble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a real coup! I think you will appreciate it more than your brother though and it looks as though it fits in perfectly with your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous stool ... I think you lucked out in snaffling it ... well done you ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.