Tuesday 30 June 2015

The Ouch Flower & Zillpa Collaboration- 2nd edition.



A year in the making!
Yes its taken nearly a year to complete this latest edition!

I like to take my time, get it right, faff about etc (tend children)
These beauties are with Clare in Brisbane. They are heading out to the Finders Keepers market, then down to Melbourne for FK, then online.

I hope they find happy homes.
They are each unique and the concept is original.......combining traditional and contemporary basket weaving techniques.

I entered them into the Craft Vic 'Craft Awards' but no bites? 
I was a little disheartened but then I figured that experience should not devalue the work?
There is a time and place for everything and I'm forever the optimist.....they will find their audience! 

I hope I have pushed my ideas, use of material and technique.....and proven myself as a skilled artisan. 

My favourite would have to be the yellow ones.



I hope your well, thanks for reading!
Pippa x 





















11 comments:

  1. My favorites are the yellow ones and the reddish-orange ones. They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Dana, that orange raffia is a great colour!

      Delete
  2. These are exceptional. Can't believe Craft Vic knocked you back. The use of colour and design really shines through. Love the blue ones and the yellow of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou that's very kind! ...ah it's ok, next time! xx

      Delete
  3. I love the orange ones and the colourful blue ones. I suspect these will do well at Finders Keepers. I'm not going as I have to watch my pennies, and if I went I'd go crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the same when these big markets come round! x

      Delete
  4. I love the way you've made their handles(?) Pippa.
    The are really rather lovely. The green ones are my favourite - although yellow comes a very close second.
    So lovely to see you here again my friend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are handles! I was playing with the form....the green have been very popular but the yellow gets me...it's the twist!
      I hope to be here more often but I forget!
      My brain is dust at the moment! x

      Delete
  5. Hi Pippa - I'm in love with your work! Any idea when/where these baskets may be available for purchase online? Also randomly, I stumbled across an old post of your macrame dreamweaver... I was blown away by it. Do you sell these at all? If no, do you have any tutorials put together? Your work has really inspired me to learn the art of macrame! Thank you for sharing it with us --- Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ashley, thanks for popping by! If they don't sell at Melbourne FK, then they'll go online.
      That macramé was a one off, I posted pics of it's making but not really as a DIY, too complicated 😁

      Delete
  6. http://ouchflower.blogspot.com.au/search/label/tassel%20dreamers
    Here's the post Ashley ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.