Tuesday 30 June 2015

Woven Rope Jewellery Collection.





Whilst waiting to see all my pottery pieces through the making and firing process, I started making these as well!

I think I missed weaving the baskets and they just came to me.


 I like the clean modernist shapes, the curves and the colours!





...then I added a tassel fringe with old tassel twine!
 

....blame the baby! 
ahhh too cute, 10 months old!


Once the pottery is finished, then the shop will be opened! 
When? 
Who knows? 
Soonish?
Blame the baby.....ahh too cute! .....no really, blame the baby! 

xx

9 comments:

  1. This woven rope jewellery , (esp. with the tassels!) I think is your best work yet Pippa... brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ray, I find it all so surprising, how things come to you? Then I look back at what I have done or wrote in my sketchbook and I can see it?
      ...but I would like you to hold back final judgement, I have my porcelain to show you too!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love these! You're our own modern-day Dorothy Liebes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Dana, your very kind! ...I looked her up cos my fibre knowledge is very lacking, what a lady! xx

      Delete
  3. These are fabulous! They'll sell like hot cakes! And that baby. She's your best piece of work by far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is, and her brother....wish the latter would sleep! xx

      Delete
  4. You are just so clever it's not funny Pippa!
    Something quite tribal about these...
    And I agree with Carmel about your best work ;)
    (and her big bro too of course!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are tribalish, with clean lines I hope?
      I just love rope, it's a very tactile material and I'm having fun.
      Yes, she's a treasure, so funny......she walks behind her ladybird now, won't be long till she's nimble on her toes xx

      Delete
    2. send me a photo when you get time x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.